Wednesday, August 12, 2015

10 Year Anniversary




10 years came and went so fast

I remember when I met you at the clock in Grand Central

I didn't like your shirt, but there was something in your smile

St. Marks Street, Xingu beer, a sharing of our adventurous dreams

Remember when I laughingly touched your leg and let my hand linger?

We finished our drinks, but weren't ready to end the night

Shyly, yet excitedly, we proceeded to dinner across the street

You liked to share and so did I

You so classily took care of the bill when I went to the bathroom

"Wow," I thought I found myself a true man

We left and I could no longer take the pretense of my heels so I quickly switched them for flip flops

A very long walk home the route completely illogical yet it made so much sense

We shared a kiss that hot humid night and now ten years later here we are........

August 12, 2015

And we are just waking up from our hazy dream

So quickly we jumped to possess rather than to behold

Cutting off our awareness when reality didn't quite match our fantasy

Slowly we became the projections of the other

You cold, me mean

Problem was we couldn't clearly see

There were moments in these years when the haze of judgement lifted

And the rays of our being warmed the garden of each other's souls

Yet it seems there just wasn't enough sun to sow the seeds of our love

So this day that I fantasized about reuniting in conscious love, we spend alone, together

Connected but no longer enmeshed

Together in our desire for each of us to be as we are









No comments:

Post a Comment