Saturday, October 31, 2015

Love at the Threshold and Beyond



I stand at the threshold 

carrying the weight of holding on to a love gone wrong

possibly just wrongly interpreted

But we'll never know till we really let go

Standing here with my insides shaking

 I decide to finally lay this marriage down to rest

At this threshold

I lay down the chains that bind us by duty, fear, and comfort

At this threshold 

I lay down this project of prying hearts open

While  ignoring my own heart's desires

At this threshold

I lay down all my demands of you

 All  the pushing of you 

All the convincing of you

And  all of the efforting that I deemed that love required

I lay down all of my judgments and my blame

I lay down my fears and my grief of letting go of a dream I thought I wanted

And as I prepare to cross this threshold 

I take in sight the vision of the Great Eastern Sun

The direction of Spirit's path 

And although the path isn't quite clear I trust it is there

I trust that in this fall

I'lll be caught by God's grace

I prepare to take the most frightening step

The next one

This  step where my boat is cut from its moors

and I'm left to drift away at sea

Venturing into the Great Unknown 

Where dreams that I may never have conceived of are born

Darkness surrounds

I find that the lighthouse is within

Crossing this threshold  lies freedom 

Crossing this threshold I will find love

Love not dressed in illusion

Love after love






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting and sharing. So brave....makes me braver too. LOVE< julie

    ReplyDelete