Tuesday, October 11, 2011

On the Path

In meditation when a thought enters your mind you aren't supposed to be all judgmental and feel ashamed that you haven't reached yogi transcendence, you just realize that for the past ten minutes you have been making to do lists, let that go and continue with following your breath. So here once again, I will let go of the fact that the last time I wrote in this was way over a year ago and I will just pick back up without any judgment and continue following my key strokes.

Since my first introduction to plant medicines in October 2009,  I  have been on a spiritual trajectory. While always being spiritual, I'm now at a point where I'm trying to create a spiritual practice that aligns my life with my spirituality.

The path seems to be illuminated and it almost feels as if this spiritual path is unfolding before my eyes. It's as if I have my own internal compass that seems to know where to direct even if I'm not conscious of it. It's a time of expansion.

I can't say I know where its taking me. According to June Brought http://www.akashicjune.com/Blank.html who channels the Akashic Records my spiritual path is the practice of joy and play. It is those things that align me with the divine. It's dance and music and play.

And that answer resonates me.  This summer I was in Havana, Cuba and I was honestly transported to a different realm through the playing of the congas, bata drums, and chanting. It felt as if I was in ceremony. It just hit me in this gutteral place. The orisas were so powerful. It's a creation story that resonates with me and I want to know more about the orisas.

I've since been doing reading on Orisas, Yoruba and Santeria Religion and most recently I have been told about Umbanda and Templo Guaracy http://www.temploguaracy.org.br/ and I think I've found a philosophy that completely aligns with my beliefs. Now that I know something is out there it's time to explore it more deeply.

Whether this path leads to initiation into Umbanda doesn't really matter. It's that feeling of connection that is truly the blessing. If ayahuasca has taught me anything it's that you never really arrive anywhere. So I continue to walk this path in faith of the path itself and not really where it leads. May it be a path towards the light.

Ache!

No comments:

Post a Comment